Support hybrid working using a new SharePoint site template and end-user training
The pandemic has fundamentally changed how we all live, learn, and work. As we recover from the pandemic and plan our return to the office, many organisations are rethinking the future of work:
- Over 80% of managers surveyed expect to have more flexible work from home policies post-pandemic.
- More than 70% of the employees and managers reported a desire to continue working from home at least part-time.
We believe the future of work is hybrid because we see this benefits staff, managers and their customers. The essence of hybrid work is extreme flexibility, in terms of where and when people work. Organisations are creating new policies that empower employees to spend some portions of their week working from home, as well as flexible working hours. While certain measures may need to be put in place to optimise hybrid workplace functions, there is no turning back when it comes to the future of work. As an increasing number of people prefer a mix of remote and in-office work instead of a return to the traditional work model, or permanent all-remote work.
As we return to the workplace, moving to a hybrid work model will not just be about continuing the great work-from-home experiment many of us have been participating in for more than 12 months now. We will need to change our behaviour by developing new skills and habits to help us stay healthy, finding new ways to engage and stay connected as we adopt this new way of working. It is going to take a collective effort for organisations to make a successful transition to a hybrid workplace.
There are big changes ahead for those of us moving to a hybrid work model. Like any organisational change initiative, we must be thoughtful about how we guide people through the journey. If not, organisations face risks such as decreased productivity, increased turnover, or employees that are just not engaged.
We want to help lead your organisation’s transition to a hybrid workplace by introducing you to a SharePoint site template on the SharePoint look book called the Workplace transformation site as well as new end-user training to help employees learn new habits and skills that support hybrid work.
The Workplace transformation site template helps organisations:
- Inspire employees on the new possibilities the hybrid workplace offers.
- Provide employees with the information, resources, and support they will need to buy-in and adopt the new way of working.
- Prepare employees for a successful transition to a hybrid workplace with a change journey checklist and quick tips.
The Workplace transformation site features:
- A fully configured and customisable hybrid work transformation site built on SharePoint communication sites: The Workplace transformation site brings together information architecture, pre-populated content, site design and webparts to help inform and support employees through the transition to a new way of working. The site can be customised to add your organisation’s content and to align with its look and feel.
- Hybrid work checklist: Any organisational change initiative can be stressful for employees. Help your employees through the change process by providing them a curated change journey checklist. Guide employees through organisational changes with a customisable activity list of tasks such as required training courses and learning events.
- Inspirational help content: Understanding how the day-to-day workplace will change in the new hybrid model is key to helping onboard employees. The Workplace transformation site includes “quick tip” guides for employees and managers, and a week in the hybrid workplace content.
- Support resources: As employees’ transition to a hybrid work model, they will need multiple levels of support from self-service support like FAQs to one-on-one help from champions. The hybrid work transformation site includes a champions program overview page, a Yammer community web part, and pre-populated FAQs to help support employees.
- Mobile-ready: The Workplace transformation site can be easily accessed on mobile devices so employees can continue their hybrid work transition journey from wherever they may be working.
Hybrid work end-user training
To help employees develop new hybrid workplace habits and discover new tools that set them up for success, Microsoft have developed new end-user training content. The training content is focused on collaboration and meetings in a hybrid world, using asynchronous collaboration methods, well-being, productivity, security, and data protection. Embed hybrid workplace training content into your Workplace transformation site using Microsoft 365 learning pathways – a free, on-demand training solution. Microsoft 365 learning pathways can be easily deployed in your Microsoft 365 tenant environment and can be used to customise new hybrid work training playlists to suit your organisation, along with other Microsoft-maintained product training playlists.
Frequently asked questions:
Question: What are the requirements for installing the Workplace transformation site into my tenant environment?
Ensure SharePoint Online is enabled in your environment.
The individual that will provision the hybrid work transformation site must be the tenant admin.
Question: How long will it take to install the site in our tenant environment?
Answer: Based on our testing of the installation, it should take 10 minutes or less. Individual tenant configurations could cause differences in installation duration. This does not include time to customise the site to your organisations’ requirements.
Question: What customisation options are available for the Workplace transformation site?
Answer: The site can be fully customised to fit the needs of your change management project, users, and organisation. Review the Workplace transformation site template provisioning and customisation guidance before getting started.
If you would like to discuss how your business could implement and make the most of the Workplace Transformation site, or have any other questions please feel free to get in touch with us here at aFinite. You can arrange a meeting with one of our team here, just choose the time that best suits you below.
Book a Meeting